Thursday, August 14, 2008

Limbo anyone?

I feel as if my life is in a state of limbo....we don't belong here....we don't yet belong there....If we are going to sell our house, we can't "really live" in it. Where will we stay if it sells quickly?...what will we do if it doesn't?...Do we buy?...Do we (dare I say) Rent until we know it is permanent?....We can't travel (gotta build the nest egg for the moving expenses).....Will they compensate for the relocation?....SEE WHAT I MEAN?


Yesterday I kinda had a meltdown. It all seems too much. The prep of our current home for sale, the HOA breathing down my neck as if doing so will make my grass grow faster and more even, The stress of deciding what can be lived without in the "limbo time" and what must stay, I emailed Chad my "vent-out" then went outside for the most part of the day and pulled weeds till my fingers bled. Today I don't want to do anything.......so laundry it is (all you mom's know what I mean) On days you feel like vegging you can declare laundry day and veg to your heart's content. I am looking forward to this weekend when we will ditch the kids at a friend's house and head up into the Rockies for a little R &R. Chad's job presented him with a weekend getaway at Beaver Creek Mountain Resort, A 5 star resort where we will enjoy fine dining, spa package, and optional golfing or horseback riding...etc. So I will shut my door and all the things that NEED to be done and enjoy putting off the inevitable for yet another weekend. As you can see my feelings are mixed. Anyway, things will be fine once I get back from the insane assylum which I will end up in at some point before we're settled again.
For the record,.....all those who assisted me in the move to Colorado from Idaho, THANK YOU. I am on my own this time around. I am in a ward full of wonderful people who have moved a zillion times but have had the benefit of living life as normal until moving day when a truck shows up and a team of professionals get out and box up the entire house in one day for them. So noone here even knows what I am going through, nor can commisserate with my self inflicted fate. So I suffer alone. Wha-Wha-Wha (Debbie Downer-SNL skit you gotta see)
I sign off for now until I feel like I need to vent again. Rachel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you! I only just found out your were blogging--I'll send you an invite to my blog, too! --Jenny Tonks