Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Treading Projects

I am here and offering you a visual....
Imagine you are in a swimming pool full of unfinished projects that are all individually screaming at you, insisting that they need to be done first. That is my life I am barely treading projects instead of water right now. I could go on and on about the list of to-do's but I will spare you the pain because some of you out there can't risk your blood pressure being elevated and that is the result of reading my to do list. I am offering my friends and family an open invitation at this point to any and all who could b-s their way through drywall patching.....because you see, we have invited 3+ company employees into our home to kindly give us an estimate of the costs of such a repair. The first came out and said,"I will email you the estimate in a few days" ......still waiting for that one (been over a month) the second sent us the estimate but might at well have taped a sticker to my rear that says, "please take advantage of my laziness and don't even think of giving me a bid anywhere within the realm of my yearly income" and the third just plain stood us up last night. So we are at a stand still and I will email pictures of our piss-poor job if we end up having to do this ourselves. PEOPLE THIS COULD BE HURTFUL!!!! And to think this is only one of the many projects to do. So I will apologize in advance to those who think we may have the time or the means for visiting, or serving our fellow man....because the answer, (until the first half of my list is done) will be a kindly not now. Otherwise, I am going to go INSANE. Wow it is very theraputic to type the word insane in all caps...try it sometime. Any way I WANT to go to California and visit my sisters and the newest addition to the Spencer grandkids (coming soon) but the carpets need cleaned. I would love to visit the Mothership, (Idaho) to see the rest of the Idaho clan and more but sadly the trim needs painted and gently reattached to the living room since the tile is finished. I would absolutely love to take that Cruise that I wished for my 10th anniversary, but had to forgo last year due to signing papers on our new home here, BUT......I regrettfully inform all who are reading this blog that the weeds are so tall in the back yard that we broke our weed whacker thrying to cut them down and so I will spend the next half of eternity pulling the suckers out by hand. BOO HOO. THE END

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, cuz--yo're not the only one going insane, so don't worry. That is why we moms all blog, dontcha know? We feel better reading about other people's insanity! :) Did you get the permission link to my blog?? Just go there and you'll read so much insanity that you might feel better about your drywall! :) Dontcha worry--I would rather see finished home repairs than relatives, any day, so I think you're right on! (even though we miss you like crazy!)

Ashleigh said...

O.k. you deserve a sticker star on your forehead girl! Or at least a visit to the SPA! Maybe settle for a bath, that's what I do. I'm so sorry life is crazy right now!!!! Super stressful. Good luck!

Ice Cream said...

I had no idea you were such a talented writer. I've never enjoyed reading about someone's to-do list so much.

NOW, get those projects done so you can come to Idaho next summer. And make sure that we go the same time so I can see you again. Boise just isn't the same without you.

Michael said...

Rachel, It would be nice to see you guys again back up here in Idaho. Hopefully you can break away for the upcoming holiday season.